Top 5 Essential Golf Items for Your Golf Bag
Playing a round of golf requires some basic items you’ll need when arriving at the course. Some of the basics are a set of clubs, golf balls, gloves, tees, and a ball marker. These items are just the bare minimum you’ll need for your tee time. But what about other golf products and gadgets? Does every golfer need them?
The short answer is, it depends on your skill level and how often you play golf. A novice golfer may just need the basics when starting out, but for players that are experienced and are looking to add to their golf game, they’ll want to pack more in their arsenal. If you are looking to see what to add to your golf bag, check out these essential golf items.
Sunscreen is always a great idea to have in your golf bag. Unless it’s cloudy weather for a round of 18, it’s recommended that you apply sunscreen before playing. This helps prevent sunburn on your skin, so you won’t have a lobster's complexion the next day.
2. Golf Umbrella
If you’ve ever wondered “Hmm...I wonder if it’ll rain today” when heading out to the course, chances are you might get rained on. The best weather reports can still be wrong, so you’ll want to take your golf umbrella to ensure you’ll stay dry from rainy weather.
3. Golf Towel
A golf towel is surprisingly useful to have in your bag. Not only does it help wipe the sweat off your brow, but it can be used to wipe debris from your club heads. You’ll know which towels are made specifically for golf by the ring on the corner. It’s used to clip the towel on your bag for easy storage.
4. Bug Spray
One of the most annoying things that can happen to you on a golf course is bugs flying around. Not only do they get in the way of your vision, but the sound can make you lose focus when swinging. Keeping a bottle of bug spray in your bag will help keep those pests off you.
5. Range Finder
Intermediate golfers and above swear by having a range finder with them when playing golf. The difference between a 140- and 150-yard shot is huge, which is why you’ll need to gauge the distance accurately with a range finder. Knowing how far the ball is will help you select which club to use for various situations.
You can never have too much in your golf bag. So don’t forget to add these optional (but necessary) items for your tee time.
- Divot Tool – This tool is used to repair divots that are made on the course. It’ll help keep the green playable during the match
- Extra Tees – Tees get broken quickly when driving on the course it’s always a good idea to keep a few extra handy
- Extra Golf Balls – Hitting a golf ball in a water hazard or losing it on the fairway is common. You’ll want to have extra golf balls in your bag for when that happens.
- Golf Hat – It gets sunny when you’re on the course. You’ll want to make sure you have a golf hat to help block the sun from your eyes. Check out our Golf Hat selection to sport the best look.
- Cold Drinks & Beer – On a hot day on the course, you’ll be grateful to have a cold Gatorade or water. When you are celebrating a great shot or putt, there is nothing quite like having a cold brewski to celebrate.
Golf is a fun sport, especially when you have the right equipment in your bag. No promises that these items will help you shoot 80. However, these 5 essential items will come in handy when playing 18.